The Women Village, Matholi by Bakri Chhap
Have you seen a beautiful village which is built by humble, loving & empowered native women? If not then welcome to Women Village (Buari Gaon)
Located in Uttarkashi district of the Garhwal region of Uttarakhand, Matholi is a nature lover’s paradise. Set against the backdrop of mountains and meadows.
- Stay in cottages/local homestays
- Enjoy meals and delicacies prepared from freshly plucked fruits and vegetables from home-made gardens
- Visit beautiful and serene temples around the place
- Local activities like farming, horse riding, rope swinging/jhula, etc.
Things To Do
- Kandak Trek- trailing through dense, lush green forests and meadows covered with picturesque scenic beauty.
- Jagdehi Trek- one day trek to the highest peak of Matholi village, receive blessings of the Goddess
- Moonlight Trek- a dreamy short night trek of around 1.5kms appreciating the beauty of the village in moonlight
- Go for a day trip to Uttarkashi – Nehru Institute of Mountaineering, Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Ganga ghat & a walk on Ganga Bridge
After a 77 km drive from Dehradun, walk for 400 meters to meet everything that’s largely recycled or reused. Some unique leisure experiences like hiking in the hidden Kodia Forest, home stay experiences in farmers and shepherds homes, riverside dining, and camping in the woods helps you commune with yourself, or the one you chose to share your space with.